Interested in joining the skacel team?
The skacel collection has been supporting Local Yarn Shops as a wholesaler of high-end yarns and needles for nearly 30 years. As a family owned and operated entity, we strive to provide top-notch customer service, world-class products and cutting-edge designs.
From time to time, job openings become available within our company. Opportunities may include specialized projects such as knitting and design, tech editing, outside sales representation, or even full or part-time positions within our company’s headquarters.
So, check back often to see what skacel might have available!
A day in the life...
The shipping and receiving crew is responsible for picking, shipping, receiving, annual physical inventory and warehousing of all products kept on site. We are a low tech company in a low tech industry and as such, we currently process orders with paper pick tickets. We're hoping to implement a barcoding system within the next year. The perfect candidate will possess the following skills:
We've got you covered...
- Be at work every day. Reliability is extremely important.
- Basic math skills - ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide
- Be able to stand on their feet the entire shift, and safely lift 50 lbs.
- Able to work safely in a high production environment.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; pays close attention to detail.
- Work with shipping team on creative problem solving for warehouse needs.
- Assist in all aspects of warehouse work as needed.
- Basic computer knowledge and ability to learn invoicing system.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, vision and dental coverage for full time employees, after probational period.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work employees can expect within this particular job classification. It is certainly not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required for this job.
There is 1 position available between the following hours: Monday - Friday from 7am to 3:30pm. Additional hours may be available as needed.
E-mail Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org